A week ago at Gathering Place (North Bay’s Community Soup Kitchen), Nipissing Administration and Support Staff were suited up in an apron and cap and put to work in all manner of food service. We cut vegetables, tore spinach, cut chickens, dished out food, poured drinks, served patrons, wiped up, and helped with the dishes. Things got very intense over the lunch hour as anyone who wanted a simple, healthy meal streamed in and out (we served 122 people). My wonderful coworkers from Nipissing University were always ready with an encouraging smile. The Gathering Place is an oasis of kindness in the fast world. At the end of the day, I felt more connected with the North Bay community. I highly recommend volunteering at Gathering Place to anyone who is interested.
Written by Karin Robertson
If you’d like to volunteer at The Gathering Place, or write an article about one of your experiences related to your work with OPSEU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The General Membership Meeting is scheduled to take place at the North Bay OPSEU Membership Centre (573 Fraser St.) on May 20, 2015 at 5:00PM.
(UPDATED May 20, 2015)
Please find the agenda below. A PDF version is also available. Printed copies will be available at the meeting.
Agenda for GMM May 20, 2015 – 5:00PM
North Bay OPSEU Membership Centre (573 Fraser St.)
Call to Order
- Statement of Respect
- Adoption of Agenda
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Business Arising
- Treasurer’s Report
- Local Budget
- OPS – Amanda Saucier
- EBM Updates
- Chrysler Golf Tournament (Hospital Fundraiser)
- Initiation of new members
- Reports of Officers
- Chief Stewards (PT/FT)
- Vice Presidents
- Reports of Committees
- Health and Safety
- Pension and Benefits
- Nominations and/or Elections
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- University Budget / Restructuring
- Ontario Budget
- OPSEU Conventions and Regional Update
- OPSEU Training Opportunities
- Other Business
Please see the list below for the Full-Time and Part-Time jobs that were abolished during this round of OPSEU Support Staff Layoffs (2015).
- Research – Grant Coordinator
- Research & Graduate Coordinator
- Gift Entry and Donor Records
- Registration Clerk
- Helpdesk Technician
- Registrar’s Office Receptionist
- Secretary Practice Teaching Placement Office
- School of Nursing Receptionist
- Conference Services Clerk
- Alumni Relations Coordinator
- Library (Systems) Technician
- Receptionist (Part-Time) – Dean of Arts and Science
- Learning Coordinator Digital
- Learning and Transitions Coordinator
We just wanted to send out a notice that this round of layoff procedures is in it’s final stages. Everyone who has been affected by the process has been contacted by HR.
Those affected by the procedure will begin transitioning into their positions as early as today.
Thank you for your patience and support with everyone through this process. A list of all positions abolished will be posted later today on our local website. (www.opseu608.org)
Your local executives.